BrizzleLass is known in the real world as Claire. She always has a book close at hand and devours Fantasy and Romance like some devour chocolate! Claire loves a happily ever after followed by lots of bloody sword-fighting and dangerous dragons!
Why BrizzleLass? Claire comes from Bristol in England, part of the quirky local dialect is to call Bristol Brizzle, it seemed natural to adopt this when naming the blog.
In addition to reading, Claire is passionate about writing and is hoping to release her first novel later in 2018, music, and mental health which she actively campaigns for.
Below is the review policy for BrizzleLass Books, if you think you would like your book featured on the blog please read it first. Due to the number of requests received not all will be responded to and some may take some time to be responded to due to the levels of books I have to work with.
You may also apply to take part in my weekly feature, The Bookshelf, which launched in March 2017. This will be a Q&A with an author or blogger each week. Head to the link above to apply.
I am currently closed to new review requests. Please accept my apologies.
For Romance – you can promote your book in my Facebook Group. Please read the group rules on joining before posting.
- Adult Fantasy and Romance novels are most likely to be accepted for review.
- I like most fantasy except those with a Sci-Fi element.
- I like almost all Romance except Historical Romance and I prefer Adult, Erotica, Reverse Harem, Paranormal.
- Self-Published novels are less likely to be accepted for review (purely due to the number of books I have to read and the number of self-published authors out there).
- I do not review Young Adult.
- A pre-existing relationship because you have gotten to know me and aren’t “cold calling” will work in your favour but won’t guarantee a “good” or “biased” review.
- I will only accept guest blogs, author spotlights, interviews etc; if I am confident I would read a novel. Sometimes I will offer one of these options in lieu of a review when I don’t have space on my reading schedule and think your book sounds interesting.
- Before making a decision I will read existing reviews, use the read the first chapter function on Kindle (if available), and properly research your book to make sure I am making my decision wisely.
- Please remember that like nearly all book bloggers I review for pleasure, and for free, I only have so much time and capacity, unfortunately, I can’t accept all the requests I get and have to be quite strict with what I take on so that I don’t drown.
- I rarely review mental health books or those with heavy mental health storylines. They can be too much of a trigger for my bipolar disorder so as much as I want to support authors in this area I cannot often take on these books.
I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have a book you want me to review or a tour you would like me to join then please get in touch below!