I am pleased to be a part of this book tour for The Amaranthine Chronicles by Tiffany Shand. This is an urban fantasy series and Tiffany has written a fantastic guest post for this stop on the tour so check it out. Buy links are at the bottom of the page (it’s currently only 99p for the full set!) I’ll definitely be picking this up it looks fab!
Betrayed By Blood
In a city of lies and deception, only one thing stands between chaos and justice. For centuries, a band of outlaws called the Amaranthine has kept the peace in Ormere and hidden in plain sight whilst the Order of Sorcerers spreads their deadly magic among the city’s inhabitants.
After losing her fiancé in bust gone wrong, Amaranthine Agent Kaylan Avilion returns home to discover that Elijah didn’t die but instead was changed by the twisted guards of the Order, who seek to find a dangerous artefact tied to Kaylan’s past and the murder of her family. When her sister goes missing and a foe from their past remerges, Kaylan knows she must save Freya before she’s poisoned by the very people who took Elijah away from her. But how will Kaylan react when she learns Elijah’s secret and can they come together to stop the Order’s plan in time?
Darkness is sweeping through the city of Ormere as unnatural creatures stalk through the streets. People are dying and time is running out as a new evil threatens to take control of everything. The Amaranthine Order has been decimated leaving only a few of its people left to fight the coming terror.
Stunned by her sister Freya’s betrayal and plot to take over the city, Kaylan must do everything she can to find out what Freya plans to do when she finds an infamous book linked to the murder of their family. A book considered so dangerous that the last High Lord erased its location from history, the Amaranthine Chronicles are said to contain the darkest of all magics.
Kaylan is happy to finally have her ex-fiancé, Elijah, back in her life but he’s not the man she once knew and loved. After being turned into a shapeshifter, Elijah struggles to control his inner beast and his lingering feelings for Kaylan.
Can Elijah and Kaylan come together to stop Freya and uncover the secrets of the book before it’s too late?
The Final Battle
Darkness has claimed the city of Ormere and death has become a certainty for anyone stalking its empty streets. The government is in ruins and lawlessness ensues.
After their last encounter, Kaylan and Elijah barely managed to thwart her sister, Freya’s, latest attempts to find and use the elusive Amaranthine Chronicles. But in her desperation to receive ultimate power, Freya will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Even if it means destroying the last of her family.
Kaylan and Elijah must work on their fragile relationship and put their personal feelings aside to find the book and stop Freya before it’s too late. But with their allies growing thin, and a gang of ruthless shapeshifters close on their trail, will they finally find the book and stop Freya before time runs out? And will Kaylan have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save her city and the man she loves?
5 Tips For Writing Urban Fantasy – by Tiffany Shand
Urban fantasy is its own unique genre. It’s fantasy within an urban setting.
Here are five tips for writing ever fantasy.
- The urban setting. Urban fantasy is usually set in cities, usually in the real world or in a make-believe urban world. Decide whether the real world knows about the mythical and magical aspects of your world.
- The characters. In urban fantasy your characters can literally be whatever you want them to be. Fairies, vampires, witches, shape shifters, etc. But the main character of your story can be someone completely normal, a human who is thrust into an unknown magical world. Whether you decide your main character to be, make sure that they are believable and that whatever abilities or storylines they have are believable.
- The world. It can be fun creating your own magical world. Decide whether your world is known or unknown to the real world or to the world of humans. Decide on the magical elements of that world and how the magic works there. What kind of price does the magic have?
- The story. Any story needs to have a plotline no matter what genre it is in. One of the best things about fantasy genre is you can pretty much write whatever you want within the story. It can contain mystery, suspense, romance, comedy – whatever you like. Every part story whether it be wand holding wizards or witches brewing potions every part of the story must be believable.
- The magic. If your story contains magical or magical creatures, they must be believable. If you’ve got vampires crawling round the streets at night they must be believable. Don’t just add fantastical creatures for the sake of it. Make every creature and character in your story believable and some think that your readers can relate to on some level
About Tiffany Shand
Tiffany Shand was born in Essex, UK and started writing short stories when she was a child. She has always done writing in one form or another and started writing novels in her early teens. Tiffany loves to read books and discovered her love for fantasy and paranormal romance during this time. She writes both non-fiction and fiction, and love helping writers to build their author platforms. After doing a creative writing course in her early 20s, she is now a freelance writer and professional editor. Tiffany lives in Essex with her two spoiled cats and one very nutty hamster.
Book & Buy Links
Title: The Amaranthine Chronicles #1-#3
Series: The Amaranthine Chronicles
Author: Tiffany Shand
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publication Date: 2017
Review Format: N/A
Other Formats: eBook
Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US